Denim is a closet staple. Whether you’re a classic bootcut kinda gal or a funky floral wide legged fashionista, denim is always in style. Trends may change, but a lady always needs to know what styles of jeans will be most flattering. There are sooo many options from denim retailers that it can be overwhelming trying to figure out what will work best for you. Not to worry, I’m here to help! I’ve narrowed down some of the common issues that us ladies have and found some great jeans that will flatter every body type. Whether you’re a Beauty With A Booty, No Booty Beauty, Pretty and Petite, Long Legged Model, or a combination of the above; there are jeans that were made for you!
These were made for curvy girls! The creators at Joe’s Jeans gave the Honey a curvier fit with a fitted waist and a contoured butt. This means you can show off your curves without feeling overexposed. The Honey comes in a variety of washes so you can find the color that works best for you and be confident that your backside is protected.
The struggle is real when you’re trying to find jeans to fit a larger backside. Some of the more common issues are a gaping waistband, not enough coverage, or fits that just aren’t flattering. We’re here to help! Try these suggestions and you should be feeling fabulous in no time!
- Go for a high waist fit. This is a super trendy style right now and it provides some extra coverage. Bye Bye gaping waistline!
- Look for a fabric with some stretch. When you’re carrying a little more on the backside, a little bit of stretch can go a long way. Trust me, I’m speaking from experience with this one.
- Opt for a darker wash. These give you an all over slimming effect so you are guaranteed to look your best!
- Avoid skinny jeans. If you’re comfortable with your curves, flaunt ’em! Just make sure you have a good fit that won’t leave you exposed.
Speaking from experience here: these jeans are fantastic! I’ve owned plenty of AG and they last a lifetime! They are known for great quality so the fit is the icing on the cake. Lots of jeans stretch out with use but The Angel stays true to size. No gaping waist band! Bonus: these come in a variety of shades and come in longer inseams so long legged ladies can enjoy these as well.
Image Credit: Aritzia
These jeans were designed to fit your body like a glove. The high rise fit makes these on point with current trends. Although these have regular pockets, the high waist fit accentuates your backside and makes it look fantastic. This style was made with a great stretch fabric so you can be comfortable and chic all day!
Don’t have any junk in the trunk? No worries, you have plenty of options when it comes to denim. Even a backside that is as flat as a pancake can look fantastic when it’s accentuated properly! Read down below for some tips and tricks and you will be flaunting what you’ve got in no time!
- Opt for a high waisted fit. A high waist can accentuate even the smallest of backsides. Bonus: the high waist style is very trendy right now. Don’t be afraid to experiment with this stylish fit!
- Look for styles with big, bulky back pockets. By adding flap or blinged out pockets, it adds volume to your backside. True religion is known for having big flap pockets and Miss Me usually has some awesome blingy styles.
- Pair your jeans with a heel. When it’s possible, add some lift to your backside by wearing a fabulous heel. Even a small kitten heel will add some volume to your behind; a sexy stiletto will work wonders.
- Wear flare or wide legged styles. Although these are very trendy right now, the extra material can cause your backside to look even smaller than it is. If you do want to wear these styles, go for a high waisted fit that can highlight your behind.
- Be afraid to try different pocket styles. Although flap pockets are flattering, slit pockets can also add volume to your rear end. Try different styles and see what works best for you!
Image Credit: Amazon
Although the Joey is a flared, boot cut style; the flap pockets really accentuate your backside. Like all True Religion jeans, these are made to last! Wear these year round with everything from flip flops and a crop top to boots and a chunky sweater. With the flattering fit these are sure to become one of your favorite jeans in no time!
Image Credit: Lyst
A classic skinny jean is a closet staple no matter your body shape. The skinny has such a wide variety of styles that you’re sure to find one that you love! These will hug your curves and really elongate the legs. You can even experiment with rises to see what works best for you.
If people think it’s hard finding jeans long enough for them, they will never understand the daily struggle of being petite: skinny jeans are too long, cute styles make you look too short, or wearing crops like full length jeans. Rest assured, I’ve talked to my vertically challenged friends and combed through the internet to find some great tips and style suggestions.
- Go for skinny, slim fitting jeans. These are fantastic for elongating short legs and won’t overwhelm a petite figure.
- Find a great pair of ankle jeans. Many fashion websites tell petite people to stay away from ankle jeans but these can be very flattering! Find the right inseam length and with some proper styling you’ll look taller in no time!
- Experiment with rises. High rise jeans provide the illusion that you have longer legs. Just make sure that you don’t lose your waist in the process!
- Avoid jeans with long inseams. It’s great to have varying length of jeans since some look fantastic with wedges or heels while others look good with flats.
- Worry about damage from hemming. Many companies will offer complimentary hemming in their store, just make sure you call beforehand and see if this is an option. You can also ask your tailor for an “original hem” and they will keep your unique hem intact!
These jeans were specifically made for petite figures so they are sure to flatter! They were designed with a shorter inseam and a higher knee break to really elongate your legs. With a variety of washes, you can find your most flattering year round jean!
Image Credit: Lyst
As ACDC would say, “For those about to rock, we salute you!” The Rocker gives a long and lean silhouette and they come with a 36″ inseam! These have enough length so you could even wear a small heel or a wedge depending on how long your legs are. The slight flare is very slimming and these jeans were made for showing off long legs.
Your biggest problem: even long jeans are never long enough. I have dealt with this problem for years and unlike other body issues there is no way to change your height. The only thing left to do is to embrace it! Keep reading to see some of my personal tips and styling tricks for dealing with amazon legs.
- Make sure that you know your inseam. Find your pair of jeans that you love the length of, measure from the inner crotch all the way down the leg, and the number you come up with is the inseam that you need. Jeans can always be hemmed but not all jeans can be let out and still look the same.
- Find a designer that makes denim with extra long lengths. If you need an inseam of 34in or more like I do, you will need to find some designers or styles that come in extra long lengths.
- Be afraid to break the rules. Who says rolled jeans can’t be worn full length? I’ve found styles that are made to be rolled will sometimes have longer inseams since they need enough material to be folded up. I wear these like full length jeans and no one knows the difference! Shhh, keep this a secret though. 🙂
- Focus only on length. Just because you have long legs doesn’t mean that you can’t wear cute crops or ankle length styles. Having varying lengths of jeans is always a good idea for any fashionista.
Image Credit: Bloomingdales
The Ginger is the widest trouser fit that 7 For All Mankind offers. These come with inseams up to 36″ so long legs can rejoice! Wide leg styles are really trendy right so the Ginger is a great jean to expand your wardrobe with! Pair these with a chunky heel and a vintage top for an outfit that is on point!